2017 to present – Lead Web Developer
Full stack developer for www.mouser.com
Lead team of 4 Web Developers working within an Agile SAFe team, as part of a larger Transatlantic Agile Release Train, working closely with US based colleagues throughout the entire SDLC.
Pushed for greater adoption of industry best practice within Mouser including
- Introduced Mouser to Unit Testing, provided evidence for adoption and it now forms part of the ‘Definition of Done’ for all deliverables
- Identified the need for a formal a Code Review process, analysed several tools leading to purchase and adoption of one as part of standard development practice
- Defined department-wide of Coding Standards and Testing Guidelines
Lead the Developer Community of Practice to assist in knowledge transfer across the wider web developer team, curating topics and organising presenters from other functions (DBAs, Operations etc.)
Examples of recent work include
- Transition from WebForms to MVC, including re-writing of Customer Registration process, including Email Verification of accounts
- Synchronising Customer data across SQL databases to allow for future updates to Order History area of the website.
- New tool to allow customers to manage their self-defined part references, managing and deleting these as required.
Created training material to ease the onboarding of new team members, through documents, presentations and video presentations.
2013 to 2017 – Senior Applications Developer
Created and deployed new multi-tiered web applications to mimic and improve upon legacy systems in C# using ASP.Net MVC 5
Created comprehensive Unit Tests to ensure adherence to specifications
Updated existing databases to improve performance and reliability
Liaised with customers across the UK and USA to determine application requirements
Scrum Master and Project Manager of a small team using Agile Scrum practices to deliver a dashboard to the Project Management community using MS Business Intelligence stack
IT Business Relationship Manager responsible for Project Management, and Site Security
Trained junior members of the department to share development practices
Maintained source control for all projects in TFS or VSS
Managed a separate team to deliver the documentation and development of over 200 individual items to a challenging time frame
Created an Application Portal utilising ClickOnce deployment to deliver applications to all users across the business.
2009 to 2013 – Software Engineer
Developed a network based application to collate SSRS reports into presentation packs that are exported into Microsoft PowerPoint for use by senior management.
Responsible for developing over 50 Project Management Reports using SSRS within Microsoft Visual Studio for deployment via a Web Interface or standalone VB6 application.
Ongoing maintenance and implementation of existing in-house developed applications written in C#, VB6, ASP and MS Access.
Organisation and direction of a small team to complete the Validation and Verification of flight critical software against tight deadlines and demanding customer requirements.
Responsible for development of comprehensive testing processes to assist in the validation of Head Down Display Mission systems.
2007 to 2009 – Graduate Software Engineer
4 6-monthly placements in Software development, Systems Analysis and Programme Management
- C# 7.0
- ASP.Net MVC 5
- Entity Framework 6
- SQL Server Management Studio 2012/2016
- NUnit 3
- Moq 4.13
- Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Team Foundation Server
- Test Driven Development
- HTML5 and CSS3
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Agile SCRUM, including Scrum Master role
- Team Leading
- Requirements Analysis and Estimation
- International Working